Life Is A Comedy For Those Who Think...

Sunday, June 26, 2005 at 9:59 PM

Mountain Girl Asks : What Is Your Reason To Etra?....

Raison D’être:

(ray-zohnn DET-ruh) A basic, essential purpose; a reason to exist: “Tennesse Jed argues that in the Bush age, money is the majorities raison d’être.” From French, meaning “reason for being.”

Southernly speaking, what is your Reason To Etra ?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry my bitterness is sluffing off on ya Mtn. Girl. I guess I always feel as if everything in the world revolves around a bank note, even all the bickering politics, twisted laws, jacko justice and mind f***ing religon appears to lie on a theme of dollar signs. I guess money is not my reason to etra, that is why I have very little of it. When I do command a few ounces of gold some crafty lawyer or clever banker squeezes me clean of it as if I were a mop dirty with green.

I told them over two years ago to please send me a lifesaver while I was struggling in the surf, now washed way out to sea and at the bottom they want revive me. Today someone is missing the work horse they death flogged yesterday. I do feel for them but, I am saving up my pity for someone who deserves it...me and mine.

If they are going to crucify me I will not carry the lumber, because I am not Jesus or enough like him.  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm posting this comment here cause i couldn't get access to the story and comments about that Comedy Improv group --
ya know, some performers were not included in that picture.
ahem....
at least that's what it said in my email version of the pic...
curious and curiouser, said Alice.
As for the torching of the flag - as long as politicos want to wrap themselves IN a flag, I say we have a right to burn it.
Whoops - rights??? Americans havee no stinkin rights...
Sheeple, that's us. Maybe zombies, but zombies at least Hunger for something.
and oh yes one more out of place comment - I interviewed Ann Coulter once for my radio show and the only conclusion I could make after the interview: She is a form of Evil incarnate.
call me
Joe  

~

Blogger Mountain Girl said...

Great comment JP. Where's that Cup O'Joe Blog? That would be worth a daily read. I'd love to link to the intelligent rantings and ravings you are familiar for. As you'll see, I have updated the Improv post to include the phrase "All Performers are not pictured".

Thank for stopping by!
Blessings Abound!  

~

Blogger Mountain Girl said...

Oh and by the way.. It was great to hear from you!  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm... Cup O Joe blog?
as soon as i figure out my
Raison D'etre!
and thank SKBubba for the link!
joe p  

~

Blogger Mountain Girl said...

To which link would you be referring?  

~

Blogger Mountain Girl said...

I tried to ring your phone but to no avail. Has your # changed?  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm, yes, new phone, and i've lost
yours!
i think your "other" half has my email, write and i'll send.
sure the world loves reading this
back and forth!! (yes, dammit, the world IS reading!)  

~

Post a Comment



Life is a Comedy

Powered by Blogger

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet.com Free Photo Albums from Bravenet.com
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com
Appalachian Sites
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next