Life Is A Comedy For Those Who Think...

Monday, June 27, 2005 at 10:57 AM

Hey Now , Your Fire Retardant Flag Is Putting Off A Smoke Screen....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
In just a few days time the U.S. Supreme Court and The House of Representative have ruled local governments cannot post the ten commandments, local goverment can take your home for commercial growth, and the american flag will now be fire retardant via the constitution.

That sound you hear is Thomas Jefferson and other founding fathers
spinning in their graves.

Thanks for clarifying that I may now burn the deed to my home but not the flag that hangs from it's eaves. I guess my friends and I must scrap our plans to have our yearly Fourth of July "Old Glory" bonfire. Are we now to pray at the altar of Our Lady Betsy Ross?

My husband Tennessee Jed said it wonderfully over at The Wandering Hillbilly:

This song "Iko Iko" just hit me when I was reading the flag amendment. It goes like this:
My grandma and your grandma, were sittin by the fire,
My grandma told your grandma, I'm going to set your flag on fire,
chorus -
Takin bout hey now, hey now
Iko! Iko! an de'
Jackomo fe no nan e' , Jackomo fe nan e'
Look at my King all dressed in red
Iko! Iko! an de'
I bet you 5 dollars, he kill you dead!
Jackomo fe nan e'
Takin bout ..... hey now, hey now
Iko! Iko! an de'
Jackomo fe no an e' , Jackomo fe nan e'
My flagboy and your flagboy, sittin by the fire,
My flagboy told your flagboy, I'm going to set your flag on fire,
Takin bout ..... hey now, hey now
Iko! Iko! an de'
Jackomo fe no an e' , Jackomo fe nan e'
See that guy all dressed in green, Iko! Iko! an de'
He's not a man, he's a lovin machine!
Jackomo fe nan e'
Takin bout hey now, hey now
Iko! Iko! an de'
Jackomo fe no nane' , Jackomo fe nan e'
Takin bout hey now, hey now
Iko! Iko! an de'
Jackomo fe no ane' , Jackomo fe nan e'

I worked for a company about five years and our main product was flags and commercial flag poles "Vexus Intl.", which is derived from the study of flags and banners vexillology we were careful in retiring old glory when it was time. We would cut the star field from the stripes and contain them in separate containers and send them to the landfill. Most flags now are made of treated polyester, rayon and nylon, so burning them is a toxic hazard. Some of these flags were as large as 30' x 50' that cost as much as $4,000.00, so they were cleaned and repaired as many times as possible (which is improper, to the letter of flag care too). The amendment is just silly busy work for congress/house! If officials wanted to press the issue of flag burning they would have enough to charge anyone with incenerating a toxic substance, without an amendment.

Another smoke-screen from our own elected officals is not needed, but I am too weak and ignorant to have an opinion. You can see this issue has been with me a long time by My Truck tag.

Post a Comment



Life is a Comedy

Powered by Blogger

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet.com Free Photo Albums from Bravenet.com
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com
Appalachian Sites
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next