Life Is A Comedy For Those Who Think...

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 at 10:29 AM

So Long And Thanks For The Big F*** You...



SKB posted this message today beneath the big GAME OVER sign:



So long, and thanks for all the fish!
For those of you who are wondering, yes, this
blog and this website are no more.

It was fun,but lately it has become too much
like work and not so much fun. Contrary to wild
speculation around the internets, that's pretty
much all there is to it. It's a personal decision,
and that's all.

Thanks to everyone for reading and for your
participation over the years. With that, I bid
you adieu.

I have been asked via e-mail and on my comments, what is going to happen to The Rocky Top Brigade? My answer: I'm not sure. It would have been nice to have a little heads up.What do we now all do with our links? How will this affect the traffic to our blogs? If we had warning, we could have planned for the change-over and started a new home. I don't mean to sound ungrateful. Bubba did a wonderful job for the grassroots movement and he provided a "home" to us Rocky Toppers. I do, however, think it was quite rude to throw us away without a word of warning. We have supported SKB in situations where his credibility was attacked. We have promoted him on our blogs and in the community. I realize it is his to do with what he chooses. I enjoy the same freedom. I know that I would not so abruptly quit without warning and leave a flippant message such as "So long and thanks for all the fish". Thanks for the years of service skb. You are appreciated, admired, and respected, but don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. How's that for closure.

Okay, then.

Blogger red molly said...

You really are pissed. I think you have some valid points especially since Bubba was supported by so many in the blogging community. There are so many great Tennessee bloggers I'm sure someone will step up to take over The Rocky Top Brigade or maybe Bubba will come back. It does seem odd that he just quit without any warning.  

~

Blogger Thomas Nephew said...

I think you're overreacting a little.

The main thing is the mailing list -- just the email addresses, possibly the URLs to go with them. I don't doubt SKB will forward that to someone or other, likely SayUncle. The bells and whistles of his nice site that organized it -- well, they're bells and whistles. If someone wants to set up a similar web site to coordinate it, that will be gravy.  

~

Post a Comment



Life is a Comedy

Powered by Blogger

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet.com Free Photo Albums from Bravenet.com
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com
Appalachian Sites
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next