Life Is A Comedy For Those Who Think...

Thursday, July 28, 2005 at 9:31 PM

Drive Satan, DRIVE...

Jed here, once more filling some lines to cover for Mt. Girl. She has been doing English Comp. II in summer semester and her hands are pulling out her hair when they are not holding that folder her Professor gave her.


She asked me to give it a read, and I think I hurt her feelings when I said it seemed long. Now what the heck would I know about technical writing? I am used to reading the news, or an occasional short novel. When it comes to reading thesis papers "The Comma Splice Kid" (a.k.a. Jed) just goes cross-eyed with fear. Fear that comes from my college daze. I worked on Comp I, with all my might only to get a "C". I suspect that my teacher had mercy on me because I did not miss a class. Needless to say after working near four years on a two year degree Je
d just faded away from the College...not dropped out, just faded away.

I have been delivery driving the past week for a company for 20 cents per mile...it is going to take many miles to pay the mortgage. At day four I have covered 3000 miles, and I am tired. I remembered a verse from Job the other day as I drove...

And the Lord said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Satan answered the Lord, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."
Job 2:2 (NIV)

I wonder if I would sound like Satan if God asked me the same question today?






Post a Comment



Life is a Comedy

Powered by Blogger

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet.com Free Photo Albums from Bravenet.com
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com
Appalachian Sites
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next