Life Is A Comedy For Those Who Think...

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 at 10:52 PM

Brown Goat DARES Me To Be Desensitized...


I wanted to keep passing around my husband's hilarious artwork.




WARNING:

DO NOT scroll down to photos below if you are squemish or children are in the room.













How about another program that severely takes away from classroom instruction time? Would you want your 11, 12, or 13 year old to see this? That's exactly what happened at Holston Middle School in Knox County on Friday. The most horrific part is this picture is of a little girl's father. The little girl was in that DARE session.

While students do need to be shocked into reality occasionally, photos of dead locals is a bit much. Junior high students are desensitized from video games and movies, but do we really want to desensitize them further by showing them the real thing? It's one thing to see a dead animated character or an actor on screen (which they see in another movie soon thereafter), but to show a child a figure of once living human in it's state of demise is too shocking.

I have been around the world, lived in foreign countries, and seen some grusome things in my 31 solar orbits. I am not a squemish type person, nor do I turn my head away easily at things I do not like. I looked at the photos and they made me feel quite uncomfortable. I had to fight with myself to truly look at all of them. I can only imagine how I would have felt had I known that particular individual (especially if it was a loved one).









Blogger greatwhitebear said...

The person who thinks this is appropriate viewing for any school aged child should stand right behind the Bushes in the guillotine line when the revolution comes!

yes, thats tongue in cheek, but yes, those photos made me angry, or at least the thought of children viewing them. ESPECIALLY since this was a hometown guy and the chances were high that some might know him. I hope this little girl's mother sues the bejeesus out of whomever was responsible.

okay, i am now stuffing my righteous indignation back in its pack!  

~

Blogger Mountain Girl said...

Feel free, GWB, to wag your righteous indignation around here, anytime. Pull them out of that pack and wear them like battle armor. That guillotine's gonna be dull before it's through and we'll need some warriors.

In all seriousness. Your comments are always fun. Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings Abound!  

~

Post a Comment



Life is a Comedy

Powered by Blogger

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet.com Free Photo Albums from Bravenet.com
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com
Appalachian Sites
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next