Life Is A Comedy For Those Who Think...

Saturday, June 04, 2005 at 10:53 AM

Sound Familiar?

"Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country. It works the same in every country" - Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichmarschall at the Nuremberg trials.

When deciding on political views I always try to remember there is a larger battle always being waged. The great liar causes many to believe in those whom look just in their tactics. That is the strength of the liar. It can confuse and muddle the thinking of those whom are most devout in their beliefs by praying on the very essence of those beliefs.

On a similar but unrelated note, how come when one is striving to be Christ-like or displays qualities of Christ they are called a "liberal" or a "hippie"? I think we would do well to remember Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God".

One day Mr. Bush will need his soul and maybe it won't be there. Before anyone calls me unpatriotic, remember "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism"-Benjamin Franklin. If it weren't for dissent there would be no America.

Blogger truth said...

You make a common mistake of taking one verse and using it to justify your beliefs. Please take the Bible as a whole and you will then find the real meaning.thank you  

~

Blogger Mountain Girl said...

Actually I used one verse as an example. I could give you more examples if you wish. I have studied a long time and my faith is mine. Judge not lest ye be judged.  

~

Blogger truth said...

Well evidently you cannot read or you are overly sensitive as I have not judged you.As to how long you have studied it means nothing if you cannot understand. Do you use a companion Bilbe and a Strong's concordance? If you lookup the word peacemaker in the Strong"s you will find it is a study in itself so if you have not done that please do so and get back to me. If you have done so please explain your view of the way the word should be understood in the context of the whole Bible since there were wars condoned by God . Let me ask you a question. Do you believe someone can defend themselves or not?Thank YOU  

~

Blogger Mountain Girl said...

Gary, the Strong's concordance may be the easiest and quickest way to reference something, but why let someone else do the thinking for you? Do you not realize that the reference you are using was written by man (man that was not divinely inspired). I fear your understanding has been manipulated by outside sources. We can only find true redemtion by creating our own relationship with God, not one someone has put before us. Why don't you just tell me how you think Bush is justified with the war in Iraq. Why are we justified in killing so many? I can tell you the answer. Money. We would be helping in Africa right this moment if there was money in it. Greed my loyal reader...Greed.  

~

Blogger truth said...

All the concordance does is give you the original meaning of the words. If you think you do not need that you need to check your ego. I wonder how much money you send to Afica. I will tell you how much ,none.So do not try to play like you are some great humanitarian. Also I guess you really believe you know God,s word but sorry you have to much hate in your heart. If you truly knew God's plan you would know why we are in Irag but alas no such luck. Please know I am by no means special but I truly have studied under a scholar and thank God for opening my eyes. I wish you luck in the future but until you are ready to be open and honest I have nothing for you. Thank you for your time.  

~

Blogger Mountain Girl said...

Why so quick to belittle? Perhaps you doth protest to much.  

~

Post a Comment



Life is a Comedy

Powered by Blogger

Free Photo Albums from Bravenet.com Free Photo Albums from Bravenet.com
Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com
Appalachian Sites
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next